Monday, December 16, 2013

The Most Unbelievable Au Gratin Potatoes

Slightly Adapted from: food.com

Ingredients
3 lbs red potatoes or 3 lbs potatoes
5 tablespoons butter
6 tablespoons flour
2 1/4 cups heavy whipping cream

1 cup milk
2 teaspoons salt
2 cups swiss gruyere cheese, plus extra for topping


Directions:
1. Preheat oven to 350°F.
2. Peel and slice potatoes about 1/8 inch thick. Boil in salted water until the start to become tender (just a few minutes). Continue to check on them. Do not fully cook them as they will continue to cook in the oven. Set aside.

3. In a large saucepan, melt butter over medium heat.
4. Add flour; stir while cooking, 1-2 minutes.
5. Whisk in cream. Add milk. Continue to cook until thickened.

6. Stir in swiss gruyere. Add potatoes to sauce and stir to mix evenly.
7. Pour into casserole dish. Sprinkle remaining cheese over top.
8. Bake casserole 45 minutes or until potatoes are tender and dish is bubbling and lightly brown on top. Let stand 5 minutes before serving.

5 comments:

  1. Au Gratin Potatoes are looking just yummilicious. I just want to put them out from the picture and eat them all alone. I will request my mom to cook these potatoes for me.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for sharing your recipe. Potatoes is one of my favorite food.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for informative post. I am pleased sure this post has helped me save many hours of browsing other similar posts just to find what I was looking for. Just I want to say: Thank you! woodhull medical and mental health center program
    You did the a great work writing and revealing the hidden beneficial features of western university of health sciences college of optometry
    This is my first time i visit here. I found so many entertaining stuff in your blog, especially its discussion. From the tons of comments on your posts, I guess I am not the only one having all the enjoyment here! Keep up the excellent work. home health aide jobs west palm beach

    ReplyDelete
  4. We might not be the oldest and largest halal meat and ethnic grocery store in the DMV area but we pride ourselves in the quality of the premium halal products you enjoy. Our passion for excellence and thrive for constant improvement remains endless. Our dedication to satisfying our customers and gratitude for their loyalty has driven us to maintain the enthusiasm in all that we do. Mediterranean grocery

    ReplyDelete

Pinterest